Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl & Sippy Cups

This morning, I had an unexpected emotional entrance into church.  Cuban Daddy took G to her class, while I walked K to the nursery.  Out in front of the nursery (at drop off) was a huge display for Sippys 4 Siblings, complete with several bright colored sippys w/ awesome labels (way better than I have created!), and a framed flyer w/ our picture and blog information!  I was so touched and surprised, I couldn't believe it.  Several days ago, the director so sweetly approached me about possibly doing something with the sippys to involve the children in the nurseries, etc.  Little did I know that she had already organized and done it!!  Cuban Daddy & I are so incredibly thankful.  Sometimes I feel so undeserving of people's generosity.  I know that this is our home church that we have attended for years.  But, it is a big church.  And we have a lot of people to help.  I am touched and honored that such kind and loving people would reach out to bless us so greatly...and to help our future babies #3 & #4 to have a better life, to have parents and a family.  They have gone above and beyond, and I'm so excited to see where things go from here!  I also ran into a couple of people who told me they already had a sippy, and were eager to start filling...wow!    *If you found out about us from church, thanks so much for joining us!

Seems God knows right when we need a lift.  Just last night, I was looking over the newly received FORTY attachments I received from our homestudy agency.  Just *one* of the attachments contains 10 pages for EACH of us.  Yeah, so that's a lot of paperwork.  And on top of that, I was getting a little overwhelmed (okay, maybe a lot) at thinking about the finances that have to come BEFORE I can begin work on said received paperwork.  We are far, far from what we need to even begin that process.  So, it's a hard balance.  What to work on first?  I don't want to complain.  This is a choice that we made, and are so excited to go through with it.  We went into this knowing it would be a lot of work, so it is not a surprise.  But, it is just that...a lot of work.  I'm trying to remain strong in faith.  Just trusting that when we get to a certain point where the finances are needed, that it will be there. 

So, all that being said, this morning was just the encouragement I needed.  So, all of you that have helped and are helping (you know who you are!): thank you!!!  Check this out:


Cuban Daddy was so surprised!

K & G were excited, but K was disappointed they didn't have water in them...

(I took up close pictures of the sippys & display too, but they wouldn't upload from my phone...bummer.)


So, on a totally unrelated note (besides them occuring on the same day), here are a few pics from our Super Bowl celebration.  Please note we only support one team...and they didn't happen to be playing tonight...boo.  ;)  But we had so much fun anyway!  The kids were totally into the game, making hilarious comments and cheering. 


 The fam before kick off!






                                                                   They LOVE their Uncle!


Hands on hearts for "Star Spangled Banner"...G sang along!


Cheering on the game!

Thanks everyone!
~ 6 in Love ~

4 comments:

  1. Sooooo sweet. :) I'm right there with you: I watched the game, but I was wearing my Saints shirt. :)

    Very excited for you and your family, and I will do what I can to spread the word! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sweet Claire!!! You have offered an amazing amount of help already...we SO appreciate you! Haha, love that we weren't the only crazy fans staying true...

      Delete
  2. OKay....me and my lil one will be sending in our sippie tomorrow. Where do we send it???? I think it is amazing what you are doing....I am here because of Claire's post. Many blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. melifaif- Thank you SO much for wanting to help us...you are so sweet!! If you want to do Sippys 4 Siblings, I can mail you a Sippy cup to get started. You can fill it with your spare change, and when it gets full, you mail it back to me (I'd turn it into cash first, for less shipping costs). That is so generous of you and your little one to help us bring our babies home! You can email me your address at peachzyo@hotmail.com and I'll mail a sippy to you! Thank YOU!!

      Delete